Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Gallo Cabernet Sauvignon


Name:  Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon 
Region:  Modesto
Country:  USA
Year:  NV
Price: $4.99
Tasting Date and Location: 27 April 2013 at home

Winery review: Our full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon demonstrates satisfying flavors of blackberry and black currant. The fruit is balanced by just the right amount of oak for a smooth mouth feel.


My review: For my second Cabernet Sauvignon I went with a Gallo Cabernet.  The color was not as dark as the Beringer.  On the nose it was fruitier than the Beringer.  On the palate, I thought it was much more balanced than the Beringer but not very complex. The finish was clean. Although I had this wine with dinner, it definitely didn’t need food as a complement like the Beringer did.  Overall, I’d rate it a little higher than the Beringer.

I tasted this with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment