Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting - Horton Vineyards Pear Port


Name:  Horton Vineyards Pear Port
Variety:  Pear
Region:  SW Virginia
Country:  USA
Year:  NV
Price: $17.95
Tasting Date and Location: 9 March 2013 at home

Winery review: This is a one of a kind wine. A rich, full bodied, sweet (very sweet) dessert wine, loaded with the flavors and aromas of very ripe pears with a touch of brandy. Even chilled, this wine will warm you up. Source: Salut! Wine Market


My review: I really like ports and I’d never heard of a pear port so was a nice and unexpected find at Vintage Cellar.  It didn’t disappoint.  Tasted like a hard apple cider with the creaminess and smoothness of a port.  I’ll definitely get more of this and may even take the trip to Lynchburg to check out the Horton Vineyards.

I tasted this after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment