Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting - Excelsior Cabernet Sauvignon


Name:  Excelsior
Variety:  Cabernet Sauvignon
Region:  Cape Town
Country:  South Africa
Year:  2011
Price: $8.99
Tasting Date and Location: 10 March 2013 at home

Winery review:  Crammed with abundant blackcurrant aromas, this full-bodied wine is a mouthful of plum flavours.  Delightfully versatile, it makes a delicious partner to a variety of foods, makes a delicious partner to a variety of foods, including red meats, and rich pasta dishes.

My review: This was the first South African wine I’ve tried since starting this blog. It had a nice, welcoming but not overwhelming aroma.  I thought it was very balanced and did in fact go very well with dinner.  It did have a little bit of heat but I didn’t mind that with dinner.

I tasted this with a dinner of rice, meatloaf, and greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment