Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - Opera Prima Pink


Name:  Opera Prima Pink Moscato
Variety: 97% Muscat/3% Tempranillo
Region: Damiel, Spain
Country:  Spain
Year:  NV
Price: $5.95
Tasting Date and Location: 7 Feb 2013 at Vintage Cellar

Winery review:  This fine sparkling presents and intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flavor petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on it own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts.

My review:  Wasn’t sure I was tasting wine with this one.  It tasted more like fruit soda, which is to say it was sweet and fizzy.  I like sugar…so I picked up a bottle.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment