Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome to my wine blog! I recently started the Geography of Wine course at Virginia Tech and will be discovering everything I always wanted to know about wine over the next few months.  Like most people, I drink wine every now and then but I'd like to gain something more than a superficial knowledge of wine, wine-making, and wine culture.

I've lived in or near many of the world's great wine producing regions starting with a summer in France, followed by a two-year stop in Northern California, and then a year in Italy.  I grew up in Virginia and many people here think pretty highly of Virginia wine.  I've already visited several Virginia wineries and look forward to visiting a few more over the next few months.

I hope to become a more discerning consumer of wine.  I tend to prefer red wines but haven't really had enough white wine to say definitively how I feel about them.  I really like visiting the La Grange Winery in Northern Virginia and they offer a desert wine called Snort that I really recommend.  From my time in Italy, I became a big fan of Prosecco--a dry sparkling wine.  I look forward to discovering many more wines over the next few months and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment