Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon


Name:  Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon 
Variety:  Cabernet Sauvignon 
Region:  Napa, CA
Country:  USA
Year:  2011
Price: $7.99
Tasting Date and Location: 27 April 2013 at home

Winery review:  This carefully crafted wine has aromas of vanilla and blackberry with a deep ruby color. A medium-bodied, balanced wine layered with ripe fruit flavors. It pairs well with a variety of meals or is great served on its own. 

My review:  For my last “official” wine tasting of the semester, I decided to compare two wines of the same varietal and see how far my wine tasting skills have come.  I went with two Cabernet Sauvignons and started with the Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon.  The color was dark.  On the nose it was not overly strong but was fruity.  The fruit and tannins come through and I tasted some hints of black pepper.  I thought the flavor became more balanced as I ate dinner.  Definitely thought this wine was better with food.

I tasted this with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment